Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Elna Elnapress Pinkstar


Friends, do you own a clothes press?


 
 


I hate ironing.  I mean I really hate it.  Dragging an ironing board from storage, setting it up and being reminded how cheap and rickety they are (even though mine is steel/aluminum and fairly heavy, just the kind of appliance that easily falls to the floor and damages the floor), finding the iron (if it isn't embedded into the wall), and plugging it in and waiting for it to heat which seems to be taking longer and longer and never really getting hot.  And then doing the ironing itself which takes me forever.  Needless to say, I avoid it -- until now and only because I sew, sewing requiring a lot of pressing.   

I began reading about clothes presses and how great they are for many (but not all) ironing tasks.  After some rather noncommittal searching, I found this on craigslist for $30.  It was still in its original packaging and judging from its condition I don't think it's ever been used.  The thing is pristine.  I have yet to try it out but I've plugged it in and while it's slow to heat, it gets very hot.  Thankfully, it's not a steam press but a dry press.  (Steam presses are problematic.)  I plan to use it thoroughly and write a review, so check back if you're interested.

If you own a clothes press, what do you think of it?  Was it worth the investment?  Does it save you all kinds of time and aggravation?  Any surprises?  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment