Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Kenmore 158.1720

Here is my latest machine, another Kenmore from a thrift store with pedal and case. This is the 1720, a somewhat more basic zig-zag model that has straight and zig-zag stitches and takes 'C' cams. There is no cam stack, so there are no built-in utility stitches the type of which are found on many other Kenmores. Still, it exhibits what I like so much about these machines: dusty and dirty, I plugged it in, raised the foot, and pressed the pedal; it runs beautifully. Smooth, quiet, 1.0 amp motor, and the knobs and buttons all work perfectly. For $7.50 - 20% discount (Memorial Day), a bit over $6.00 including tax.




It's missing its 'slide' plate (it actually lifts up and out) but this is easily replaced. I'll very likely sell this machine and keep the case, as I have several other Kenmore machines that I like even better and want to keep but are in cabinets I'm not fond of and that are difficult to store and move.

No comments:

Post a Comment