Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Necchi BU Supernova Ultra

What's need got to do with it?

Well, plenty. Several months ago I purchased a BU Supernova Automatica in a cabinet with no attachments. I thought to myself "I'll find them on eBay -- no worries." Find them I did but at prices that can buy another machine. So, I bought another machine and the case it rode in on, plus the included attachments.

This is not your bambino's Supernova. It's an Ultra, meaning it has every feature offered on a contemporary Necchi machine. I've cleaned the exterior a bit just to take some pictures and I will run it tomorrow to see that it's operable.  Included are the original manual, feet, attachments, and a bunch of cams in the Necchi box with the spinning metal settings guide telling you which settings/cams/feet will best make the selected stitch.







(I apologize for the sub-standard pictures; I took them in the fading light of early evening.)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so odd how these Necchis keep finding me. I'm not even looking for them. What I need to do is take a family photo of my entire Necchi collection, just to have a record of how many I have/had at one time. But I'll let you know as soon as I start my big sell off because I can't keep them all. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I thought you were going to take a picture and send it to me so I could be jealous. 'Cause I would. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Nah, I wouldn't do that! The thing about you is that you actually use yours. Having used industrials (minimally, it's true), I'm thinking that those are the machines I'll definitely keep and the domestics will probably get sold except for a few for occasional use and a few of the best-looking ones for display around the house. All in all, probably 10 machines. Or 15. *cough*

      Delete