Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Bernina 930 Electronic No. 2

You know the drill.

Find a bargain listing, contact the seller while hoping it hasn't already been spotted by another shopper, make arrangements and ask whether it's working, meet and greet, drive home heavier, happier.

The Bernina 930 is a legendary mechanical zig-zag.  Some aficionados claim it's the peak of Bernina engineering and manufacturing, a 1990s wonder of precision and quiet, power and finesse.  Personally, I love it and am more than happy to own two of them.  I won't go into the details here as there are plenty of sites that do.  I will do a thorough review at some point (perhaps even in video). 

My first 930 is running just a bit slowly and I'm guessing the motor could probably use a little service although it does run beautifully overall.  This one has no such issues: fast and strong, this one is ready for duty.  Best of all, it is a much more complete package: machine, case, bed extension, presser foot knee lift lever, foot controller, cords, accessory tray with a number of feet including the genuine Bernina walking foot, manual, and several sewing books.  A wonderful package all for $100 and a completely unexpected and pleasant surprise.  Pretty much a gift, truth be told.

I will love having these two machines sitting upstairs, ready to sew whatever project(s) I'm working on.  (Multiple machines means multiple projects can be done without changing machine settings.  I'm not sure if it's a luxury or a necessity, considering how different some sewing projects can be.)
 

 






2 comments:

  1. I got excited for a minute when you said, all in a package for $100. I thought you were selling. You do find some wonderful machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you, yes I was surprised to find it and surprised I was the first person to contact him. I belong to a couple of online Bernina groups and I'm amazed what people pay for their machines. If you're patient and persistent, great deals can be found. I used to have a $50 maximum for any new-to-me machine but with Bernina, that's almost an impossibility and prices have generally risen in my area. Even the $7 Kenmore is a thing of the past.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete