Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mezlan Shoes

We have all had favorite pairs of shoes but do you have a favorite brand, a name you can always rely on to give you what you want?  Are you familiar with Mezlan shoes?

Now that I've hit middle age, I'm definitely buying sensible shoes.  What does that mean?  Well, I want comfort, support, durability, ease of care, and, lastly, some style.  I don't care as much about style as I used to.   And since I'm tight, I want a good price.

Currently, there are two brands that I consistently buy, Born and Mezlan.  The former are my everyday shoes and the latter are dress(ier) shoes.  There are other brands I like (Ecco, Bacco Bucci, Johnston & Murphy, Frye, etc.) but these two brands have proven comfortable, durable, and stylish and, yes, thrifty.

Mezlan loafers:



Mezlan cap-toe oxfords:


Mezlan wing-tips:


The boxes are attractive and the shoes are in drawstring bags, a nice touch:


If you're searching for good dress shoes and don't feel like forking over $500 for a pair of Ferragamo or Magli slip-ons, try Mezlan.  They're made in Spain, comfortable, not expensive, the quality is good, and they're classics.  Except for the black oxfords, I haven't worn mine much but they feel and look great!  Although I bought mine new, used Mezlans are quite reasonable.  If you don't have a problem with used shoes, check eBay -- you might be surprised at what you find!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment