Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Olivella Soap

When you wash your face and neck, do you use just any soap that happens to be hanging around your bathroom? I used to and I decided that I was tired of having my skin dry, tight, and itchy right after I wash. My old soaps were stripping the natural oil out of my skin and making it (and me) irritated. I've tried olive oil soaps in the past but was never very impressed with their cleaning ability -- or so I thought. Many of the more 'natural' soaps don't include chemicals that produce lather and don't leave your skin feeling squeaky clean. As one who grew up associating squeaky skin with clean skin (mainly at the insistence of my parents and later simply out of habit), I assumed these soaps weren't doing a very good job. And they cost more.


Here's a soap I've used for about a year and I really like it. I'm not a grooming expert and I'm not really into grooming products but this one works for me: my skin is clean and fragrance-free (except a slight olive scent). Since I only use it on my face and neck, one bar lasts quite a while. I'm not sure if Olivella is French milled but this Italian soap is a hard soap, doesn't lather (only a very little, actually), and rinses easily. My skin feels clean without feeling stripped and I don't smell like shampoo for the next hour or so.

It's not expensive and it works.  I recommend it highly!

No comments:

Post a Comment