Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Necchi Lelia 513

I visited a very low class thrift store today looking for something entirely unrelated to what I found there.  I didn't find what I was seeking but I did find something far better, something surprisingly good for this particular store:



A Necchi Lelia 513 zig-zag with cam stack.  The badge fell off while I was wiping it down, the hand wheel is flaking badly (common problem with Necchis of this era), and the removable stitch selection knob is missing as well as the power cord and pedal.  However, it's actually in pretty decent shape for $6.40.

I have many things to do prior to taking on this project but I hope to have it sewing in a few months. 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I would like to have a Lelia. I passed on a green one a while ago. Don't know what I was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wil! Yeah, it's a pretty machine but I've seen the green ones and I think they're better looking. This is only a simple zig-zag with a built-in semi-auto buttonholer mechanism but just turning the hand wheel is a pleasure: so smooth. I plan to sand the hand wheel's flaking paint, right down to the aluminum. I like the look. The zig-zag lever is stiff, so I need to investigate that and there's a missing spool pin. The knob for the buttonhole mechanism is detachable, thus it's absence; it's called the 'magic key' and I'll probably need to find a donor machine.

    ReplyDelete