Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Anker RZ (Free-Westinghouse JZ) No. 3

I found this machine on CL and about 4 minutes from my house.  Priced at $30, how could I not buy it?  I've driven long distances for some machines; it's great when a really nice one is almost within walking distance. 









With a 1.2 amp motor and exquisite balance, this machine is wonderfully quiet and smooth.  Yes, this is an Anker RZ, a deluxe German zig-zag from the early '50s.  It's in great condition, although there is some slight flaking on the nose plate and the hand wheel.  The decals all look wonderful and I've touched-up four very small spots around the lip of the bed.  Can you seem them?  Good, I tried to do a very subtle job!

Sorry for the dark pictures.  The weather in Seattle at this time of year is rain, rain, rain, a little hail, wind, rain, etc. and I wasn't too keen on hauling this table outside for dark outside pictures.  The table the machine is in is really pretty bad and I will be ditching it as soon as I find a case for this machine.  The seller seemed to think the value was in the table and explained that his wife tried to refinish it.  She didn't remove the machine prior to beginning the project.  Thankfully, she didn't harm it.




No comments:

Post a Comment