Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Olympus Evolt e-510 4/3 DSLR

I take two types of pictures: snapshots and composed shots.  These styles of photography are so different that I need two different camera types: fast and compact and larger with lots of manual control.

Some days ago I purchased this camera as a fast compact with easy HD video capture.  However, I still needed a larger, more standard SLR for taking pictures of sewing machines and other items for the blog and for portraits.  I just received the Olympus e-510 2-lens package in the mail, a used item in almost mint condition:



I'm a little leery of buying used electronics, particularly precision equipment such as a camera.  I haven't powered it on yet because I'm waiting on a battery shipment but the body and lenses appear to be in near-mint condition.  With nary a scratch that I can find except one teeny, tiny mark on the LCD, I'm really pleased with how it arrived.

This is a 4/3 DSLR so the lenses for this and the Lumix I recently purchased are interchangeable.  The 510 came with two: 14-42mm and 14-150mm, both with glare-reducing hoods.  Manuals, software, quick start guide, cable, charger, and other stuff came in the box.  Though an old model and a couple of generations behind Olympus' more expensive OMD series, the 510 is a well-rounded camera for a beginning photography student like myself.

I'll keep you posted as I progress with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment