Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Baby Lock 5180 4-Thread Overlocking Machine

I picked this up because I am impressed with the BL3200 I purchased recently and thought I'd give the 4-thread vintage serger a try.  As expected, it appears to be of the same high-quality and great design.  Even better, it also appears to have never been used.



This machine is pristine.  On the shelf, it was still in the original box and the accessory bag had never been opened.  Odd!  The hand wheel turns very smoothly (though the machine needs a thorough oiling) and the paint and chrome are bright and shiny.  What a beautiful machine.  The manual is missing, though.  I will be searching for a download or a hard copy and I will give a complete review once I've had time to explore the many stitch options it offers.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment