Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pfaff Coverlock 4862

I just purchased my first cover stitch machine, a Pfaff 4862.  I assume that the 5-thread claim is achieved by using a 3-thread overlock plus a 2-needle overedge, thus 5 threads used to make the standard cover stitch we see in so many garments such as t-shirts. 

Here it is, well-used but running smoothly:





I've purchased several serger/overlocker machines and have owned this one only a few hours but it appears this one may be the most ready-to-use.  Threading is complicated, notorious even.  We'll see how I do. 

3 comments:

  1. I have this same serger and really like it. I was surprised to read that it can do the 5 thread overstitch. I cannot find any threading instructions for this but have since seen it as a claim for 4862 machines for sale. Have you figured it out? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't. In fact, the manual doesn't include anything re. a 5-thread stitch, whether coverstitch or overlock. I do have a Bernina Bernette that does a 5-thread overlock but I believe this model only does the 4-thread cover (in addition to a bunch of other stitch programs). If you find a way to manage a 5-thread cover on this machine, please let me know! :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have this machine and can’t manage the 3 thread coverhem. Have you had any luck with that? When I follow the instructions it skips on the left needle. No luck with YouTube at all.

    ReplyDelete