Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

Recent Activities

Some of you (the 3 of you who read my blog) might have wondered why my blogging has slowed to a standstill.  I think I may change the blog a bit, i.e. keeping the collection/gallery nature of the blog intact but posting in a more anecdotal style similar to, oh, 90% of all other blogs.

When I began this blog, I had the not-so-big idea of posting mainly about thrift store finds of all kinds.  Sure, I've found some incredible machines at such shops but I've also found lots of other cool items.  CL, too.  My goal was to encourage readers to go out and find these great deals for themselves: clothing, machinery, tools, home decor, electronics, everything.  The problem is that they don't make for very interesting reading.  A Baccarat vase?  A pair of Prada oxfords in great condition that fit me like a glove and only $5.99, such as those I found today?  *yawn*

I want to move away from intense collecting and more into repair, landscaping, cooking/baking, and sewing -- when I have time.  (Yes, I actually plan to use one or two of my machines!)  This doesn't mean I'll cease collecting; I'm becoming a more focused collector rather than someone who just goes out and acquires.  So I'll occasionally blog about odds and ends but I'd like to write more about activities and acquisition of not only things but skills.

***

Having written the above, there are several machines I would like to write about.  I love all of these machines.

On Thursday February 4th, I acquired this wonderful machine -- and I acquired it in a really wonderful way.

On Sunday February 7th, I acquired another Gritzner-Kayser Kenmore, one I'll blog about once I've got it cleaned up.

On Tuesday February 9th, I acquired a treadle machine.  I'm not really into treadling but this is a model that I simply could not let slip away, particularly for the price.  I'll write about that one once it's ready for its close up.

Today February 12th, I acquired three machines: 2 Elnas and a Necchi.  (These are two of my favorite brands of sewing machines.)  I'll blog about the Necchi today, the Elnas soon.

So, I've been busy.  Working, taking care of mom, errands out the yin-yang, and cleaning up machines.  I'll be blogging about each of these machines so if you're wondering what I've added lately, stay tuned! 



 

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, a treadle. Welcome to the dark side. I can't wait to see that one, and the Necchi, of course. Also, I think more than 3 people read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The treadle is really nice. Really dirty, too. I should begin a regimen of calve-raises to strengthen my ankles and lower legs. I want 2000 SPM!

      Delete
    2. A National Two Spool in relatively nice condition for $50 ($50!!!!!!!!!!!!!) popped up on the Missoula CL at the beginning of the week. I said to the husband that if it was still there today, I was going to drive down and get it, but alas, the ad was gone yesterday.

      Delete
    3. Awww! Darn. Now I will be looking for one for you. I need to brush up on my script skills so I can embed searches into my browser. :)

      Delete