Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Necchi BU Supernova No. 2

I found this a few weeks ago and have been incredibly unmotivated to even mention it.  To prove my indifference, I didn't even clean it prior to taking pictures -- a serious no-no for me.

Part of the problem is personal (trying to find a house and taking care of my mother are taking a toll) and the other part is mostly practical, i.e. this is a project machine and I just don't have much time for those anymore.  I'm realizing that $40 for a very fine but temperamental machine that requires work and parts in order for it to even begin sewing is not a bargain.  Not at all.  Someday I will find love in my heart for my latest Necchi but not now.  No controller, no accessories, just the machine.

Yesterday, however, I did find what looks to be a nearly complete standard set of cams, feet, and attachments at Goodwill for ... $1.99.  I felt the slightest rush of adrenaline I had so frequently experienced months ago; my feelers aren't completely dead.  So, I'm being nudged to change my heart and give my love.  Perhaps I will.








6 comments:

  1. Every time I see those attachment boxes and cams, I get hit with a wave of nostalgia for my mom and her machine. I'm going to have to get a nechhi, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom had great taste. Vintage Necchis are such great machines so I hope you do get one. Bless the memory of your mother!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have alot on your plate. My best thoughts and wishes going out to you. I do look forward to you every post but certainly life has a way of getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael -- that is very kind of you. And I know you're sincere, so that means much to me. Hopefully when things settle down a bit I'll be able to be more devoted to blogging and with more focus on sewing. My best wishes to you, too.

      Delete
  3. The universe isn't quite ready to let go of you yet or you wouldn't have found that set of cams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deals, they just keep on coming. Yes, I think you're right -- I'm getting the sense that this is beyond my control and that I should just ride with it.

      Delete