Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Necchi BCJ

I found this for $20.  It's not in good shape. 

The length lever is slightly bent and the threads scrape the right side of the plate.  The lamp shade is broken and the connecting screw is missing.  It needs a complete rewire.  It has a few bumps and scrapes. 

But it's a venerable Necchi model and a beautiful metallic hammered green finish.  I love how it looks and I believe I can take care of all that currently ails it, minus a touch-up paint.  (It would be nearly impossible to match w/out taking it to a spectrometer-style color-matching machine and it's just not worth it.  I think the machine looks fine.)

So, another project machine.  Yes, yet another.  I don't really have time for it but the price was kind of a throw away, so I decided I'd put it on the back burner.  Once I'm moved, I'll get to it.  Eventually.




Those who know me on Facebook have seen these pictures.  I've had this machine a while but just haven't done a blurb here at the blog, so this is housekeeping rather than new information for you FB readers.

There are a few more Necchis I'd like to own but once I have acquired an Esperia, a Lelia 510, and a BF Nova, I'll be fairly done with the mid century straights.  What I enjoy is that I'm in no hurry so I'm collecting as I find them at reasonable prices.  So what's a couple of weeks per machine fixing, right?
 

2 comments:

  1. If you had left it there at that price, I would have had to unfriend you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you would have unfriended me is the reason I friended you. :)

      Delete